So the HK Bar had a major hail storm hit about 1 pm today. Golf ball size hail, high winds, and a torrential downpour.
I posted a video I took during the very beginning of it all. The hail was only about quarter sized at this point but coming down fast.
My brand new Yukon, my Dodge, and my husbands Dodge truck are all battered…..
The siding on our house has holes all over in it……
The three photos above are pictures taken four hours after the hail…still piles of it everywhere…
I immediately phoned all of our insurance companies on the house and vehicles. I asked husband to call in our crops damage (alfalfa total worth about 10k)…..for him to look stricken and tell me he had not yet insured for the year. *sigh*
Such the life of a rancher.. BUT here on the HK we try to keep our eyes on the 🌈 rainbow…. so we are praying God provides us deductible 💰 money…. And saying thank you that all our livestock is accounted for, safe and sound.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Pray for strength, pray for recovery, pray for patience and goodwill.
Boo, Owl, Bunny, Booker ready for another wild adventure.
Owl and Bunny taking care of the horses. Pretty sure they picked more dandelions than anything.
Boo and one of our four kittens, Runty.
Doing a little fishing with my mom.
Owl and I getting ready to get our fish on. 🐟
Keeping up our workouts .
Sneaking out for some ice cream with Virgil and Booker.
And of course lots of sleeping….
We have new residents at the HK, thanks to my husband. Four orange kittens just weaned from thier mum came to live with us.
They will hopefully grow up to be mousers in the barns, and of course little playmates for Boo, Owl, and Bunny. The girls are very excited about them.
Do you ever have those moments as a parent that you just want to shout, “No! No! No! ITS MINE YOU CANT HAVE IT TO!” Because your children 👶 suck the ever loving life right the hell out of you? I mean really I gave up my body, my personal space, my time… I gave up sleeping in (ooooh I miss this one), eating candy outside of the pantry (because really the kids can hear that friggin crinkly wrapper a mile away) , and the list goes on…. My point? Well, sometimes in my parenting journey I just want to have something left for myself. As you can see from the above picture I can’t even eat a buttered sweet potatoe without someone pleading with thier eyes to share with them. Oi vay!
Here are a few simple ways I take back a little for myself even in a busy stay at home mom way of life:
- Write yourself into your schedule! Do you keep a planner? Block off some time just for yourself to read a book, pull weeds, lockbox, or whatever it is that you do by yourself that recharges you. All to often I get so wrapped up in everyone else’s schedule of needs I forget to make time for my own.
- Embrace nap time 😴! If your kids still take naps STOP ✋ trying to dash around like a crazy person trying to get all those chores done “while you have time” and they are asleep. I know it’s tempting but really, just leave the clothes and dirty dishes were they are. Take the time to recharge your own battery. Catch some zzzzzs! If your kids have outgrown nap time, implement quiet time were all electronics are off and it’s books and quiet toys only.
- Get up early or go to bed later than you usually do. Don’t get me wrong sleep is important! But even fifteen minutes to yourself sometimes makes all the difference.
- Limit your extracurriculars. All those activities that have you running kids back and forth all week? Yeah those! Sit down and really consider which ones to keep. I tell my girls one sport or extracurricular at a time. Less time on those makes my girls really appreciate the activity they choose and value it. They get so much more out of it and it frees up so much time!
- Ask yourself “What can I delegate?” My seven year old can unload the dishwasher. Will she do it exactly like I would? No, not at all! And sometimes I’ll have to deal with my favorite coffee cup being put way in the back. But my point is she CAN do it, and it frees me up from doing it and it teaches her responsibility and basic life skills. And I always try to tell my kids hey let’s get our team spirit on and get the chores knocked out first so then we can ALL PLAY!
So when I’m on the verge of mommy melt down time I try to take a step back and reimplement these tips. I re-evaluate and more often than not if I’m following my own advice I feel so much better! Hope this helps!
That moment your younger sibling won’t leave you alone and you beg your Ma for help…..
Booker has really been testing Virgil. He won’t give him a moments peace until they are both exhausted. 😴
Cheers to Sunday’s and pesky younger siblings .
You know that soul igniting moment when food from your favorite coffee shop graces your senses? You can see it captured in the photo above of Owl and Bunny I took this morning. We love Mug Shot Coffee! We only go about once every few weeks do to a strict budget, but it’s pure rapture when we do get to go.
Mug Shot offers tons of different coffees, teas, juices, home made muffins and the yummy list goes on and on. Unfortunately I didn’t get a pic of the blueberry muffins we always get. They were just to good to hold off on eating.
So if you are ever in the North Eastern part of Kansas check out this hole in the wall. You won’t be sorry!
Yeah so remember in February when I recommitted to being healthy? Well, I have stuck to it. Except of course for the days that I didn’t and I totally 🐷 pigged out on pizza and 🍺 beer. I do t have any set exercise plan other than just to keep moving. That’s my new motto. Just keep moving! It doesn’t have to be torturous to be healthy. I think that is the mistake I have all to often made then I’ve just given up.
So today’s Just Keep Moving is an adventure with Bunny and Owl and our two small dogs Virgil and Booker. Walking at our local walking path! The kids get to burn off some steam as well as me and the pups.
So howdy from us and Just Keep Moving!